Wednesday, March 16, 2011

TV SHOWS

My anticipation for the third season of Nurse Jackie has influenced this blog.  I cannot express my excitement enough.  Oh how I long to chuckle over the problems the infamous, pill popping, juggling, needle pricking Nurse Jackie deals with on a daily basis.  She does have one friend who she introduced to about half of her closet skeletons.  Dr. O'Harah, the same woman whose high-heel tapping launches my mind into perversion.

If you are unfamiliar with the show, I advise you start indulging immediately!  It is a television show that allows just about every emotion to explode in each episode.  If you are not laughing at Jackie's dry humor, Chloe's innocent struggle for Jackie's affection, or O'Harah's pompous lip, you are concerned about her daughter, embarrassed for her husband, smiling when sweet revenge is served to those deserving it, or clenching tears back as another life drifts away in the All Saints' Hospital emergency room.  It's contents are volcanic and more than fulfilling.

My thirst for a compelling television show is typically quenched from HBO and Showtime series.  I hold the film crews responsible for these creations and visualizations on a high pedestal.  Some of them are just mind-blowing and fascinating to think how such ideas can be mastered on screen.  Ever since I was a little girl, I told myself I was going to write something for HBO.  Currently, my attention is caught up on Showtime's Shameless, however, the completion of this season will shortly be replaced with Nurse Jackie and The United States of Tara.

My heart truly looks forward to the future seasons of shows such as Dexter, True Blood and Weeds.  I cannot help feeling connected to some of the characters in movies and television shows.  Losing television characters make my heart ache even more because I feel like I've known them for all the years the show has aired, as opposed to characters in a two-hour movie.  With this said, I cannot possibly describe in words how much I miss my buddies from OZ, Sex and the City, Rome, and The L Word.  


By the overbearing and sudden burst of Dexter memorabilia in my possession, one would assume my favorite show is just that.  I am sorry to inform you that my #1 spot will always and forever be a home only for HBO's OZ.


Also...Season 3 of Showtime's Nurse Jackie begins on Monday, March 28th at 10pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment