Monday, March 14, 2011

CHLOE


2009

Director:  Atom Egoyan

Writers:  Erin Cressida Wilson and Anne Fontaine

Starring:  Julianne Moore, Amanda Seyfried, and Liam Neeson

I was craving a movie today when Chloe crossed my mind.  A friend had lent it to me months ago, and I didn't know much about it.  Ironically, this film would have been another pertinent illustration in my "Psychotic Significant Others" blog.

It did differ from the rest, as they usually should at least attempt to stand out in such a large crowd of similar movies.  It started off with a slight boom, but I am not even considering the opening scene that revealed Amanda Seyfried's breast.  This was a G-rated foreshadowing for what was about to explode out of this R-rated story.  I am still shaking my head in disbelief at one particular scene.  Hmm, awkward...

Although I do appreciate the different approach in the storytelling of this typical movie evolved around a couple being taunted with adultery, I didn't really enjoy the drawn out story line, especially when it was speckled with intense conversations that overstayed their welcome.  It did not hold an ounce of suspense, nor thrill, yet I must admit it did make me question each main characters' words.  The twisted ending was a nice "cherry on top" tasting conclusion.  This was enough to earn admittance into my public thoughts, however, I would recommend other films in the genre before this one :/

No comments:

Post a Comment