Thursday, March 10, 2011

GO

1999
Director:  Doug Liman
Writer:  John August
Starring:  Sarah Polley, Timothy Olyphant, Scott Wolf, and Katie Holmes
(Also has Taye Diggs, Breckin Meyer, and Jay Mohr!)

RONA:  "SHOW ME YOUR TITS."

A movie this reckless and mind-blowing should be more reputable.  I feel like this is one of those born-to-be notable films that got ripped off by their lack of advertising.  It definitely has potential to be classified in a popular, distinguished category.  With this said, I'm advertising it for free here because it truly inspires my ideas for screenwriting.  Watch it!

I remember seeing this movie in theaters with my cousin and Pop-Pop.  I was fourteen years-old, and probably was the reason why adults shot my Pop awkward glares for tagging along a young teen to a well deserved R-rated movie.  Little did they know, violence, sex, drugs, blood, and cursing exposed and tainted my eyes and ears a long time ago.

Even before seeing this in the theater, I remember visiting a Tower Records in Philly where I picked up postcards for free.  I got American Pie, Stir Of Echoes, and Go.  All three of these movies were unreleased and unheard of at the time, but how could I resist free movie memorabilia?  All three postcards still hold a place in collage infested bedroom.  

This flick is unique because it has a few different, yet intersecting story lines.  There are quite a few different characters, and each and every one takes the viewer on a rapturous journey.  The editing is noteworthy because the overlapping stories never force us to watch the same scene over again, like some of these kinds of movies do.  Instead, we see the same night replayed through completely different eyes each time.  This makes you speed through the euphoric hundred minutes without wanting to blink.  As the film goes on, the music beats faster and the characters' scenarios intensify.

The soundtrack spinning in the background pumps you up and accents the action packed roller-coaster ride.  No Doubt, Fat Boy Slim, Lenny Kravitz, Eagle Eye Cherry, and Steppenwolf decorate the playlist and inject the perfect touch to make the whole package legendary.  This is definitely a must-see.  Why would you want to miss out on the boob bouncing, pill popping, money making, primitive party anyway?  





MARY X-MAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment