Monday, March 21, 2011

HOT SEX SCENES

Sex sells.  This is has been implanted in my mind since my very first communications class at community college.  This blog title (and picture!) will probably double my views.  Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, movie sex seduces and grabs the attention of a wide audience and sky rockets its ratings.

Having a "love scene" was required in my final screenplay for one of my classes.  Even though we were not obligated to describe a dirty, X-rated scene, we still had to  emphasize or imply sex was going to take place in the story.  I did not really understand this rule at the time, however, today I do.  Sex is as relevant as action, dialogue, and the movie plot itself.  Even G-rated movies like Shrek include a love story with affectionate scenes such as kissing.  Name a movie that excludes sex and/or any "love scenes" of the sort, depending on its rating.  Good luck!  Even Pretty Woman's entire storyline revolves around sex without spilling a drop of dirt on the ground:)

If you are a fan of HBO's Sex and the City and have ever watched a rerun on TBS,  you understand the throbbing pain that comes with having an unsatisfied craving.  I can get over the verbal "fucks" being transposed into "hells" and "screws", but I just can't swallow the sex scenes being edited out!  Sometimes I don't even know why some channels bother to air movies and shows with such restriction.  They rape R-rated stories of their virtue to the point where it's practically mutated into a different chronicle. Fail!

Anyhoo, I would like to dedicate this time to movies with outrageously honorable and sexy scenes.  Wild Things, even with Matt Dillon in the way, provides a few wonderful moments for the viewer.  Boogie Nights would not be a movie without all its classic scenes that explode and violate  the viewer (in a good way!) about every thirty seconds throughout the entire story.  Also, Basic Instinct would not be the popular prototype it is without Sharon Stone pulling a "Britney Spears" with her twat shot.

Gia, Eyes Wide Shut, Cruel Intentions, Unfaithful, Inventing the Abbotts, Spun, New Best Friend, Body Double, Risky Business, and Cruel Intentions are all noteworthy choices when you're hungry for this type of stimulation.   Did I neglect to give your favorite steamy movie an honorable mention?  Please enlighten me via the comment box below...

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I have never seen that twat shot, and I watched basic instinct! Lol

    ReplyDelete