Thursday, October 6, 2011

THE PERFECT HOST

2010
Director:  Nick Tomnay
Writer:  Nick Tomnay
Starring:  David Hyde Pierce, Clayne Crawford, and Nathaniel Parker


I can't decide if I like or HATE this movie.  I think I hate it, but actually dig the ending.  Weird.  Usually it's the ending that bores my senses to hell, but this film was just fucking wacky.  


So, here is a generously, shortened version of the 90 minutes of torture I just endured.  A convict is on the run after robbing a bank and stumbles into a man's house, pretending to be someone he's not.  The convict unmasks his true intentions, only to find himself drugged, tied up, and sitting at a dinner table full of invisible guests invited over by the man of the house, who has multiple personalities.  Yes, I just spent an hour and a half watching a man converse, dance around, and take pictures of himself and his imaginary friends in a not so Drop Dead Fred manner.  


3735893 pictures later, the convict is free.  We then find out the convict was played out by his girlfriend who ratted him out to the police and is currently fleeing with their money.  He magically finds her and confiscates the money.  All is dandy until Mr. 65 Crazy Personalities shows up and takes the money.  Oh yeah, he is also the Lieutenant working on the convict's case.    A detective finally catches on to the truth after receiving a shocking picture in the mail.  The detective confronts Mr. Crazy Man only to eventually accept a dinner invitation at Mr. Crazy Man's house.  THE END.  


Rewind.  What the flying fuck? This movie reminds me of The Human Centipede because it's so random.  As I watched, I couldn't help but to ponder and grasp the reality of someone actually thinking this would be an entertaining movie idea.  Multiple personalities is one thing, but imaginary friends as dinner guests?  There was even one scene where Mr. Crazy Man eats from all six plates so it looks like his guests are eating.  I'd rather have my mouth sewn to someone's ass.  At least that way I wouldn't be able to watch such shit.  Well...


I do admit that David Hyde Pierce plays an amazing disturbed individual.  Also, I like the fact that his crazy ass self wins in the end.  Gotta love it when the lunatics on screen survive!  


This movie really influences me.  What I mean is, if someone can find people to finance a plot like this, I SURE CAN TOO!  Just like the stripper, Diablo Cody.  If she can do it, I sure as hell better be able to too!   ;D


coo coo coo coo coo coo coo coo coo coo coo coo coo coo 

No comments:

Post a Comment