Sunday, April 3, 2011

SHAMELESS


2011 TV Series
Creator:  Paul Abbott
Starring:  Emmy Rossum, William H. Macy, and Justin Chatwin

It's SHOWTIME!  I loooooove this show:)  I think it is realistically entertaining as a result of EVERY character profile being executed.  Every fan must be absolutely in love with at least one character.  Overall, I definitely see award nominations in Shameless' future!

Every obstacle this family has to face wows me.  Even more intriguing, each episode keeps me pondering how the hell they are going to attempt rescuing themselves by the end of the episode.  The season finale left off with some pretty fucked up issues they need to clean up in season two.  It's going to be a dreadful year waiting for the Gallagher's return.

I appreciate the originality in the character profiles.  Even though their dysfunctional family life is emotionally draining, I dig the unique story that revolves around them.  My favorite character is Fiona, played by Emmy Rossum, but I must admit, William H. Macy deserves an award for playing Frank.  Frank is the drunk, selfish, irresponsible, lazy, repulsive, and the absolute antonym of a model father.  The viewer naturally hates him, but must at least credit his acting ability.

I can't decide which couple deserves the crown for most entertaining.  Kevin and Veronica or Ian and Mickey.  The neighboring couple won my heart over in the beginning, but nothing beats the jail scene where Mickey strongly advises Ian to remove his fucking hand off the window after threatening his life with violence in exchange for Ian's affection.

There is a place in my heart for every character, but I must vent a couple things.  Lip is my least favorite character.  I'm still debating if it's a result of his shitty attitude or his flavorless looks.  Something about him distracts me from having the ability to admire Jeremy Allen White and his character.

Karen is also on my shit list.  I find her sudden transformation into super slut to be rather disturbing, and even more visually disturbing than when she and Lip are expressing the definition of "friends with benefits".  Laura Wiggins is definitely more attractive with long, blonde hair and when she's not straddling Frank.  Ugh!

Finally, I must give a shout out to Emma Kenney for not only earning respect for playing the charming role of Debbie, but also being a rock star in real life.  A friend of mine recently ran into her, and I am so proud of you, Emma!









2 comments:

  1. Wish I had showtime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shameless is a great show and I watch it in HD all the time. I love working for DISH because I know I’m going to get more HD channels than I would with any other company without paying the price.

    ReplyDelete