Monday, April 11, 2011

SERIAL KILLERSSS

This is one of the many blogs to come in the future on this topic.  I have a strange penchant for researching and educating myself on the history of serial killers.  I know it's weird, but it is indeed harmless.

The fact that people can actually create such gore without remorse fascinates my mind.  In reality, there are many things I can easily say I was born without motivation for.  Things such as bungee jumping 800 feet, flying to the moon, studying medicine, and violently butchering innocent victims are not in my future.  In the case I did succeed in bungee jumping, I suppose I would feel somewhat of an accomplished feeling, if not dizziness.  On the other hand, I don't believe sleeping would be an option for me any longer after committing a heinous crime.  Needless to say, I do agree with the general majority that serial killers deserve worse than rotting in prison for the rest of their lives.

Today, my attention is on Jack The Ripper as a result of my poor choice of a DVD selection this morning.  I opened up The Lodger today without expectations of being satisfied, nor scared.  (Although I did nap in the middle of it and dreamed someone was in my apartment.  It was a rather rocky afternoon greeting for me.) This 2009, book-based story is pretty much a waste of time.  I do admit I was intrigued to find out who the killer was in the end.  Believe it or not, I wasn't too disappointed with the ending twist.  Ultimately, your time will be better invested with From Hell if you're looking for a Jack The Ripper based flick.

Jack The Ripper lurked the dark streets of the Whitechapel district of London in 1888.  Apparently, his true identity is still unknown, but we can thank newspapers for naming this killer Jack The Ripper, The Whitechapel Murderer, and Leather Apron.  The Ripper is notorious for slicing the throats of quite a few prostitutes before surgically removing female organs.  I do believe I have read that there is no record of him being a sexual predator, however, he is noted for being intelligent considering he performed such surgery.  Some also believe he sent letters to the police and newspapers, although others brush them off and threw them in the hoax pile.

I suppose this killer lucked out as a result of the lack of technology and forensics in the time period.  I am skeptical that we will never really know the truth due to all the possible fabrication infested into this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment