Friday, June 7, 2013

THE PURGE (NO SPOILERS!)

2013
DIRECTOR:  JAMES DEMONACO
WRITER:  JAMES DEMONACO
STARRING:  ETHAN HAWKE, LENA HEADEY, MAX BURKHOLDER, ADELAIDE KANE, AND RHYS WAKEFIELD

It's way better than I expected!  After all, it's not my movie ideas that are bombing and causing everyone to see past the scary previews and into the soul of the shitty plots of recent movies.  Well, I am happy to say that this film lived up to its expectations plus more!

Since I have been urging people to see this, I will not spoil a single thing for you;)  In return, I ask that after you watch it, read my second blog where I discuss specifics about the film.  

This movie had everyone jumping in their seats from the moment they walked in until the credits began to roll.  I have to admit, this is one of the most suspenseful movies I have ever laid eyes on.  It certainly helped that the volume was BLASTING in AMC last night.  

Twists and turns slice through the plot when you're least expecting it, and the problems that arise are overwhelming at times!  The ending is a little predictable, but it really is not that relevant in the overall story.  The plot is so intense that it didn't really matter how it ended.  Oddly enough, I feel like the plot did not make or break this film because it is an original and unique movie.  

ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment