Wednesday, May 25, 2011

HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME STAR FOR DANNY


So I have been interning for Starline Films for years now.  Each year I nominate Danny Aiello to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce in the hopes of him finally receiving a well deserved Hollywood Walk of Fame Star.  This is my third, consecutive year pulling an all-nighter a few days before the deadline, sifting through web sites in between draining my cell phone battery with e-mails and phone calls with Aiello's publicist and the creator of Starline Films.

I truly, fucking love this entire experience.  Although technically anyone can nominate a celebrity to receive a star, this not-so-free nomination could cost the sponsor (in this case, Starline Films) $25,000 if the nominee wins.  This astronomical figure covers the creation, installation, and maintenance of the star, which by the way, only consist of terrazzo and brass.

Anyway, with this said, if and WHEN Danny wins, it means celeb party time!  And I don't mean tequila body shots off of Aiello party time..I'm thinking more the "Hey you should act in my movies for free:)" party time, AKA networking and eventually getting paid to do what I absolutely love everyday.  Cross your fingers that 3's a charm in this nomination process...

Oh, if you're interested in checking out more about the stars, check out this site... Hollywood Walk of Fame Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment