Saturday, January 2, 2016

THE STRANGE COLD IN LOVELAND

While skimming through the endless Colorado cold case files, I came across one that caught my eye.  Not only did I learn a lesson that was beat into everyone's head (including my own) at some point in their lives, but I also found something a little suspicious about this case.  What do you think?

Angela Howard was a thirty-six year-old woman who was shot numerous times to her death in her Loveland, Colorado home on the block of 36th Street and Butternut Drive.  If I would have thoroughly looked at the pictures of her home that is shown in just about all twenty different news articles, I would have my own photography of the exterior of her home.  Unfortunately, it was not until I drove over an hour back to my apartment when I realized her house number was pictured all over the web.  #3615 will live in my memory of regrets for a short while.  

On Sunday, February 1, 2015, she was found during a wellness check that was called in to the police from who news sources believed was her ex brother-n-law.  Neighbors were also skeptical of her unusual absence for over a week.  This was uncommon for the cleaning company owner and mother of an eleven year-old daughter who lived with her father.  The people on the block had recently noticed another disturbance in Howard's life which lasted about three months up until her death.  It was not long before neighbors, specifically Ken Wiezorek who lived three doors down from her, suspected a domestic violence situation ever since Howard's Philadelphian boyfriend, Russell Woolman, moved in with her.  It was apparent that the normally friendly Howard had a drastic change in her personality.  The woman neighbors described as being personable and social in the community transformed into a timid character.  Howard confirmed everyone's suspicions when she wore an unsuccessfully covered up, black eye to the laundry mat.  When police were seen carrying out evidence that included a mattress with numerous bullet holes in it, neighbors all pointed to the same man. 

One day and forty miles later, this case blew open when fifty-two year-old Woolman was discovered dead in Howard's missing truck near Lyons, Colorado.  The gun found next to his corpse was verified as the one responsible for the bullets in Howard's body.  Strangely, there were no signs of traumatic injuries on Woolman, which leads me to assume his death was not caused by gunshots.  Huh?  It does not take a genius to label this entire scene as outlandish.  There is definitely a piece missing in this puzzle.  

Police did make it official that Howard's death is a homicide, however, they never really indicated that it was a simple, open and shut murder-suicide case.  The police were also were very careful as to the facts they revealed to the public.  They declined to give  the time of death on either body, and have not released any arrests of suspects.  They did, however, state that they don't believe the public is in any related danger.  The Rocky Mountain Property Management had contributed zero facts on the crimes.  I have read different news sources, some stating the district attorney's office listed Woolman as the suspect they would normally charge if he were still alive, yet the last I heard was that the Boulder County Coroner's Office is still working on the details of his death.  This is the strangest part.  The latest information I can find on this case is dated back to February 26, 2015.  

I don't know about you, but something about this does not sit well with me.  Why did this case just disappear, taking all the critical details with it?  With all the information neighbors knew about Angela Howard, how were gunshots not heard?  When someone murders out of anger, the last thing on their soulless minds is the boisterous sounds exploding from their violence.  This murderous event appears to be more pre-meditated than impulsive in my eyes.  I'm unclear if the police are withholding this information because they are still investigating it, or if this crime was just simply buried and unrecalled.  

I do find it believable that the killer of both, Howard and Woolman, is still out there.  Typically, when cops are in the process of locating culprits, they keep key facts about the case away from the public's ears in order to eliminate false accusations and bogus confessions.  Besides, am I the only one wondering why the police have not mentioned the father of Howard's daughter?  Every investigative television show I have ever seen always begins with the victim's present and previous lovers.  There is no doubt in my mind that Woolman was an abusive bastard, but this crime appears to be a bit too advanced for someone like him.  



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me if you would like to chat more. ContactColdColorado@gmail.com

      Delete