Sunday, January 27, 2013

THE JUROR

1996

DIRECTOR:  BRIAN GIBSON

WRITERS:  GEORGE DAWES GREEN (NOVEL) AND TED TALLY (SCREENPLAY)

STARRING:  DEMI MOORE, ALEC BALDWIN, ANNE HECHE, AND JAMES GANDOLFINI

Look out for the 90's classics!  I love the nineties, and to be blunt, I fucking love this movie.  I will make this blog short and sweet to avoid any spoilers.  

Alec Baldwin's character is in connection with the mob. He targets Demi Moore's character, who is a juror in a mafia boss' murder case, and scares her into not only voting not guilty, but also convincing the rest of the jurors to do the same.  Considering the mafia boss is clearly guilty of murdering a child nonetheless, this is a difficult task to accomplish. But nothing is impossible when your child's safety is threatened.  

The Baldwins are so cool.  Alec masters every link to fooling everyone with his spineless charm, looks, and intimidation techniques.  He's cool with those dangerously evil pupils that live in serial killers' eyes.  He's the type of character I route for in the end even though it collides with the typical happy ending.  I dig it!

I just really enjoy how creepily realistic this film is.  The whole idea of randomly being picked and preyed upon to do something so cruel and against all morals is friggin' terrifying.  It's bone chilling to think what I can be capable of when my most loved one's life is on the line.  I feel like most people, including myself, would do whatever it takes to keep them safe.  

There's a few unexpected twists and turns, but the practicality of the story line remains constant throughout the end.  Definitely a great Netflix choice!  




No comments:

Post a Comment